Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Spotlight On: Custom Vinylmation Artist Heather Kattelman




DV: Lost in Wonderland has a lot going on so let's start from the ground up. The wheels are used to perfection. The best one in my opinion being the pocket watch with the chain going up onto the hood. How long did it take to plan out this piece to get all the little details on there?
Heather: The pocket watch was one of the first design pieces I came up with actually and I'm with you, it's one of my favorite features on the car.  This design really came together relatively quick.  My only delay was is in editing out ideas - there are so many wonderful things that could have been included!  I had to hold back a bit to keep the design cohesive.

DV: What characters are represented on this custom?
Heather: Well there are a few characters... Of course, Cheshire is featured on the hood and again you see his smile on the rear spoiler.  You can notice the White Rabbit in the passenger window and the design nod to him with his gold pocket watch in the front tire.  I also included a Red Queen feature in the opposite front tire with the crown and various card suit symbols and if you look closely, there is a beautiful Absolem Butterfly near the back of the car just behind the hat on the driver's side.   Lastly, to top off the design (pun intended), is the Mad Hatter hat!  Hatter is always the life of the party and was the perfect fit to finish off the design.

DV: The sides of the car convey the whimsical and chaotic nature of the tea party and the movie in general. What are your favorite touches?
Heather: That's exactly what I was going for... This piece was so much fun to create and its whimsical design has a few elements that I really love but my favorite would have to be the Mad Hatter Hat.  I just adore how it came out and would absolutely not change a thing about it.

DV: The Mad Hatter's Hat is the logical way to top this custom off, is the accessory your own creation?
Heather: I knew that I wanted to put my own twist on the hat while keeping some of the original features so, yes, the Mad Hatter hat is a custom creation of mine.

DV: Did you enjoy working on the Vinylmation 95 mold enough to do more?
Heather: Absolutely!  I've actually got two more in the works right now - one is more of a classic "car" for a collector that has ordered one to capture his pride and joy the he owns, a Mustang!  The second is a super-sleek Batmobile that I'm creating in the anticipation of the upcoming release of the new Dark Knight Rises!

DV: Is this custom available for purchase and do you take orders for Vinylmation 95 commissions?
Heather: "Lost In Wonderland" is currently available to purchase for $249 if purchased directly though me. I'm also accepting commission work for the Vinylmation 95 Cars with designs starting at $99.

DV: How can people order a design or submit a commission request?
Heather: Here are all the ways to contact me:

Vinylmation Customations
Heather Kattelman
www.facebook.com/VinylmationCustomations
www.facebook.com/HKattelman
VinylmationCustomation@gmail.com
www.Twitter.com/MYVinylmation

No comments:

Post a Comment