Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Spotlight On: Aaralyn's Baby Lady

Here's the latest from Custom Artist Aaralyn. In her own words...
"I had been planning on creating Baby Lady this Christmas for quite some time now. When the theme of Blind Bags 3 was released, I was excited to be able to create her earlier than I expected. The inspiration for this piece comes from one of my favorite scenes in Lady and the Tramp, where Jim Dear gives Darling a hat box for Christmas. Darling opens the box to reveal Lady, looking very adorable in her big red bow.

I knew from the beginning of her design that I wanted to paint the vinylmation's ears like the wallpaper in the couple's living room. Their wallpaper color also has hints of green which goes well with the Christmas theme.
The most difficult aspect of Lady was her face and facial expression. I spent a lot of time redrawing her face on the mold to duplicate the expression I had drawn on her paper sketch. Generally, I am finding facial proportions are harder to execute on the newer 9" mold, but I really enjoy the challenge. I also didn't expect that I would have to tie the bow over five times, it wasn't as easy as I expected to get it look I had envisioned.

Altogether, I really love how she turned out and I hope whoever wins her as a grand prize custom in BB3 will enjoy her just as much as I enjoyed creating her. I am planning more holiday themed customs in the future, so I hope readers will follow my page for the latest updates!"

Thanks Aaralyn for a look into the mind of an artist as they create a custom piece.
 
Aaralyn’s Contact Info:
Website: www.artworksbyaaralyn.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/artworksbyaaralyn
Twitter: @ArtistAaralyn
Instagram: @ArtistAaralyn
Email: customsbyaaralyn@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment