Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spotlight On: Custom Vinylmation Artist Annemarie

Annmarie is back with her latest custom, Locke from the TV show Lost.

Destination Vinylmation: Were you a fan of the Lost TV series?
Annemarie: I was (and still am) a HUGE fan of the series. It's scary, actually. I'm a bit crazy about it.

DV: Why Locke? Was he your favorite character or just the most fun to design a custom based on?
AM: This was actually a custom order, so I didn't choose the character. I was always more of a Jack fan. :-) But Locke lent himself well to the vinylmation form, he's got the perfect round-shaped bald head for it.

DV: Tell us about some of the details on this figure.
AM: The figure was created for a fan, so I wanted to include as many details as I could on the figure. I knew I'd include the Smoke Monster (since SPOILER ALERT Locke eventually became the smoke monster) but I decided to take it a step further and design it in a way that would indicate sort of the "bad Locke" on the back. So I painted the countdown clock in the hatch on one of the ears, and the same clock on the back but in a more dire consequence (after the button fails to get pushed. Non Lost-fans, bear with me; I know you're terribly confused already.) To make it more ominous, I made the Smoke Monster a bit bigger and closer to Locke, as if it's part of him. Throw in a compass and Locke's ever-important, trusty knife, and he was done!

No comments:

Post a Comment