Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spotlight On: Custom Vinylmation Artist Rust This World

Rust this World delivers us some more classic Disney in custom form.
Destination Vinylmation: First of all, Splash is my favorite ride at Walt Disney World and your depictions of Brier Bear, Brier Fox and Vulture are fantastic. Why did you decide on these three Villains?
Rust This World: I think the characters from Song of the South and Splash Mountain are under utilized. I know Disney likes to pretend that the film doesn't exist, but I'm pretty shocked that we haven't gotten a single park figure based on Splash Mountain yet. I love the character designs, and of course they add to my huge villain collection. I got to try some new stuff on them too like sculpting hats and painting parts of their bodies so that they didn't match up with the same part on Mickey's body.

DV: What are some of your favorite features about the Queen, Hook and Tremaine?
Rust: The others I did because I wasn't satisfied with the official designs. Though instead of just stretching them out, I framed their bodies with a background or other features, so they keep their look without becoming fat, but aren't split in half on the bridge of the nose. I really liked putting Lucifer on the feet of Tremaine.

DV: And where can people reach you?
Rust: My webpage is www.rustthisworld.com and my facebook is www.facebook.com/rustthisworld

No comments:

Post a Comment