Thursday, October 6, 2011

Spotlight On: Custom Vinylmation Artist Chelsey Zhang


Destination Vinylmation: You were a featured artist at The Customation Project a few weeks ago and you came up with some astonishing figures.

Chelsey: As I mentioned, I want to take my custom to a next level. Well, here it is.

DV: Ok, this first one is California Adventure's Grizzly River Run. Tell us all about it.

Chelsey: This piece is my favorite so far. I spent over 3 weeks to finish it. I sculpted the inner scene from the famous rush down on the ride. Then I made it light up from the vinyl's head. I covered it with a cap (which is removable so that if the batteries runs out, it will be very easy to replace the batteries in the flash light).

Outside of the bear is realistic fur instead of paint. That's one of my favorite rides in California Adventure. That's why I really wanted to make it perfect. Hope you guys like it.

DV: Next up is Tom and Jerry. How did you decide on this custom combo?

Chelsey: I really loved to watch Tom and Jerry when I was young. I haven't seen any artist make any customs on them. I decided to take a shot.

DV: That is a very inovative use of the 9" Vinylmation. The third custom you are sharing with us today you call Dream castle. 

Chelsey: I wasn't really impressed by the castle nine inches that have been produced (i.e. Hong Kong 9" castle.) that's why I decided to make my own version of it. I wanted to make it more 3D. That's why i sculpted the balconies for the princesses.

DV: As always Chelsey, thank you for sharing your work with our readers.

Chelsey: I'll send you the new 3" ones later. Hope you guys enjoy. Again, thank you very much for helping post the info about The Customation Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment