Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Disney North: The Mystery of Mindstyle’s Mini Stitch Figures


As a collector of all Disneyana, I’m always on the look out for new items. I’m obviously a big Vinylmation fan (or I wouldn’t be writing for this site), so when I stumbled across the Mindstyle Mini Stitch figures, I was immediately intrigued.

Some history… Mindstyle is a pop culture toy company that makes a range of products from Disney to Looney Tunes. You may have seen some of the larger Stitch figures appear at San Diego Comic Con and the D23 Expo. Like 9” Vinylmations, they are limited edition designs based on the Stitch figure, called Experiment 626.

TRON Stitch

Urban like design

The company ran a blog talking about their new designs and I quickly added them to my Google Reader feed. Soon after I added them, they announced Stitch Mini Figures.


As per the company’s first post from May 2010:

The all-new Stitch mini figures are sized at 3″ tall featuring Disney’s standard and vault characters. The Stitch vinyl trading figures (VTF) come in a blind box and in a display tray of 16 blind boxes. In each display tray there is one complete set with doubles of the most popular characters, two variant figures and the chance of a randomly inserted “super-secret chase figure.”

I was instantly hooked. I thought that the figures would perfectly compliment my Mickey Vinylmations.

Skip ahead to December of 2010 and they company announces that series one would be available in quarter 2 of 2011.


Within a week of announcing when series 1 would be available, the company announced a series 2 coming out in quarter 3 of 2011!




Even before series 1 was released, I was instantly hooked. I patiently waited for more information. And then…. NOTHING! The last time the company posted anything on their blog was January 9th of this year (which I’ll talk about in another post). I’ve attempted to contact the company via email, but have not heard anything. Mindstyle also has a Facebook page, but it has also been quiet.

So, what has come of the Stitch Mini figure set? What has come of Mindstyle? The website still exists, but where are these awesome figures?

If you know of anything, PLEASE let me know. I would love to add them to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment