Thursday, November 10, 2011

Vinylmation Speculation with Mike Boon: Muppets 3.1 Lips

Today starts a month long adventure into speculation with a new friend of ours, Mike Boon. Mike came to us with several ideas for future Muppet figures and thought it would be fun to showcase them here. We saw his designs and loved them, so we gave him a daily column.

When we asked Mike where he came from, he said this, "Though initially hesitant to Vinylmations, I recently found myself hooked on the little figures after purchasing almost an entire box of Muppet Series 1 on a Disney cruise. As a life-long Disney and Muppet fan whose love for the felt puppets was rekindled with the upcoming movie (out November 23), it was a combination that was impossible to resist. I’ve since obtained all of the Muppet Vinyls with the exception of that pesky Kermit from Series 1, along with an assortment of other figures. But still, I was left wanting more Muppets. So before I knew it, I started designing my own. Of course, that just opened the floodgates – so many Muppets in my head and so little time to put them together.
Destination Vinylmation has invited me to start presenting my concepts for upcoming Muppet Vinylmation sets in a series of posts. So far, Series 3 through 5 are ready to go and will be rolled out over the upcoming weeks. Though I still haven’t exhausted the Muppets, I may start looking at other potential characters or series in the future. As I said, the floodgates have opened…"

Mike also has a blog where you can see his artistic works, usually focusing on the Muppets. It's at baboondesign.blogspot.com. Mike also has had his work featured on themuppetmindset.blogspot.com.

So without further ado, lets see his first design, and remember that there's a new one here every day for the next month!
LIPS
The Muppet Show (1980)
Originally performed by: Steve Whitmire

The Electric Mayhem’s often silent sixth member and trumpet player, who made his debut in season 5 of The Muppet Show and went on to appear in several Muppet movies and specials. Though we need a 3” Animal for our collections, Lips would bring closure to the Electric Mayhem.

"Mike captures the look of Lips perfectly. Especially the eyes, the shirt, and even the sandals. It could come with a trumpet accessory too!" - M.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment