Monday, November 7, 2011

ZoMG: Alice signing with Thomas Scott- DLR


I would like to first start this article off by saying a big THANK YOU to Thomas Scott for making this Alice in Wonderland Vinylmation series possible. Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite Disney movies and I really think Thomas nailed it. This is my favorite set of Vinylmation to date. I have never been so excited about an entire set (and I’ve been collecting for the past 3 years). I was so excited to finally meet Thomas and tell him how much I love this series and everything he created for it!

The Alice in Wonderland Vinylmation series includes, the set of 12 + 2 variants, the Cheshire Cat limited edition set of two 3 inch Vinylmation, as well as two 9 inch Vinylmation, the Walrus & the Carpenter (which will look so good with the 3 inch little oysters!) and some super secret information that Thomas told me today, a 9 inch crying Alice that comes with THREE jrs! One "Eat Me" cookie Jr, one "Drink Me" bottle Jr, and one happy Alice Jr. (See our post on Alice 9" Combo)


All pictures by Zoe
Now lets get to the event!

I arrived at Downtown Disney on Saturday around 7:30 am and was 26th in line. The morning was very chilly but completely worth it. Everyone passed the time trading, talking and getting excited to go inside D-Street to buy their Alice in Wonderland Vinylmation!

After buying my tray I got into the signing line that was to begin at 10:00 am. I couldn’t wait to open up my tray so I got right to it! After opening my tray I realized that I got the pink Hedgehog variant! Pink is my favorite color and I really wanted this one so I was pretty excited. Little random note, only one pink variant in my tray not two, so I had one pink and one green.

The signing began at 10:00 and Thomas was so excited to see everyone come out to Downtown Disney to talk with him and get their Vinylmation signed!

Thomas spent a lot of time with each person, taking questions, Vinylmation talk etc. I love that he took time to talk with everyone. He genuinely loves what he does and I mean honestly who doesn’t. Thomas is definitely one of the best Vinylmation artists out there.

I was so excited to show him my variant! I had Thomas sign my Dinah, pink Hedgehog and my tray! I couldn’t stop telling him how much I love the set and the art, everything as a whole in this series. He was very happy to see how much I enjoyed the set.

Thomas actually told me that he has read some of the stuff I’ve done for Destination Vinylmation – how cool is that!

He also shared with me the designs for the Alice and 3 junior combo set! (Which I explained earlier)

After getting my Vinylmation signed I went to go trade the couple I had bought from the Disney Store the night before because I couldn’t wait until the event to see at least one of the figures in person! I had gotten the Mad Hatter and an Oyster. One of my friends noticed that my Mad Hatter had different feet than the one in my tray! That’s when we all realized there was ANOTHER variant!

Now me again just being SO excited, I run up to Thomas and say look did you know about this! Look another variant! And he laughs and goes, “Yes I know, I designed it” haha.

Needless to say, I had such a great time at the Vinylmation Alice in Wonderland signing event. I got the complete set of Alice in Wonderland, variants and all, the Vinylmation gods must have been with me.

The event today was organized and I think everyone had a great time and really enjoyed this new release! It was awesome to finally meet Thomas Scott and chat with him about his work, and have some of my figures from the set signed!

I can’t say enough good things about this set. I honestly can’t pick one favorite because they all look so perfect! Thomas captured the personality of each character perfectly and it goes perfect on to the Vinylmation mold.

If you aren’t close to Disneyland or Disney World, please visit your local Disney Store (if you haven’t already) and get some of the Alice in Wonderland Vinylmation!

Thomas Scott created an amazing set that I think every Vinylmation fan needs in their collection!

-Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment