Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Vinylmation Wallpaper from Artist Tyler Carantit

Tyler Carantit is an artist out of Colorado that has created some great looking Vinylmation themed wallpaper that he would like to share with you. You will find the link below, along with info on how you can be involved. Feel free to download, use and share these creations to spruce up your desktop. But first, we'd like to get to know this artist a little better.

Glow
Destination Vinylmation: Tyler, what do you do for a living?
Tyler: I am a Graphic Designer. My business partner and I started Tyler Dominic Creative (www.tylerdominiccreative.com) over 5 years ago and do any form of advertising for our clients, web and print.

DV: What part of your job do you enjoy the most?
Tyler: Owning your own business, I do enjoy the flexibility of work hours.... it gives me the chance to go to the local Disney stores and be there for Vinyl releases! I am usually the only one in line since Vinylmation collecting is a bit slow to catch on around here. Work-wise, I enjoy working on conferences. We do everything from creating notepads to large scale graphics. To see your work sometimes at 15' tall by 50' wide can be impressive!

DV: What drew you to Vinylmation as the subject for some wallpaper?
Tyler: I started downloading the Vinylmation wallpapers from the official Disney Vinylmation website. I liked how they used graphic elements along with the Vinyls themselves. Then they stopped creating them, so I figured I would try making a few myself! I try to make my desktop images not too busy, because if the user is like me, I have a few folders on the desktop and they can sometimes get lost if the wallpaper is too busy.

Snow
DV: Do you collect Disney Vinylmation?
Tyler: I do collect Vinylmation! First time I saw one was at the Disney store at the Orlando airport in February 2009. It was the 9" E Ticket from Park #1. The cast member told me they were the new thing and they had 3" ones but they sold out really quick. I checked them out on eBay a few weeks later and bought my first one (Yeti from Park #1) March of 2009. I only collect 3" and have 130 right now.

DV: What are some of your favorite figures?
Tyler: Favorite figures that I own would be the Hawaii Exclusive. The finish of the vinyl and the detail make it really feel like a wood carved tiki. I also like Runaway Brain from Villains 2. Great use of the full body with the tongue down to his feet and it is Mickey, just a twisted version of him! Figures that I don't have but I really like is the Alaska Disney cruise... kind of has the same wood carved feeling of Hawaii Exclusive and I like the 2010 Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights.

DV: As a creative person, have you ever thought about creating custom Vinylmation?
Tyler: Actually I have not have had the urge to do any customs... yet. I do have a few CYO, but they are being displayed as-is right now!

DV: Where can people go to view and download your wallpaper?
Tyler: People can go to http://gallery.me.com/carantit#100401. Right now I have the wallpapers at 2560 pixels x 1440 pixels. I may may a few different options for other screen sizes in the future. I started with Wallpapers, but I can easily manipulate them to work for phone screens and other uses.

Flowers
DV: You said you are going to keep adding to the gallery and also take suggestions from our readers and listeners for future designs. How can people contact you?
Tyler: I will be adding more content for sure. I am limited to my personal collection and what I can find for images online, so please understand the limitations when giving suggestions. People can contact me at tcarantit@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment