Saturday, November 3, 2012

Christmas Time Is Here Again...

After Friday's WDW Trade Night I visited Downtown Disney were the Christmas lights were strung and classic holiday tunes burst out from the speakers. At Target this morning the Christmas displays merrily greeted the shoppers. And as I sit here, writing this post, I sip from my red Starbucks cup filled to the brim with Gingerbread goodness. Oh, Christmas time is upon us once again, so let's take a look at Disney's Christmas themed Vinylmation offerings for 2012.
They are really pushing this Agent P Christmas design across all merchandise platforms this year. I did purchase the pin because of the extra elements on it such as the wire, but I will pass on this design. Not because it doesn't look well done, but because I already have the original version. You can pick Agent P up at D-Streets on November 16th and at the Disney Store Online on November 30th for $12.95. They have everything from plush to antenna toppers with this design at the parks, but I found some extra fun things online.
I'm pretty sure I'll be making this 3-D ornament. You can find the template here at DisneyFamily.com. I also know some friends who would be happy to receive a Christmas card that looks like this...
Again, the template can be found on Disney Family website here. Moving on from Phineas and Ferb to Prep and Landing.
This combo pack came out on November 2 at D-Streets and Disney Store Online for $26.95. It is an Open Edition set. Then we come to the classic Mickey Mouse...
...dressed as Santa Clause. This appears to be the Christmas release this year meaning we may not be getting a Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party or Osborne or Holidays Around the World figure. I believe we have gotten at least one of the above in each of the last three seasons. I'm glad they went with a classic pie eyed Mickey here. He looks wonderful in person. The classic look of his face is what turned me from a no to a yes on this one. He even has mistletoe in one ear. If I had one complaint, it would be the hat looks a bit too ridged, but otherwise, a solid figure. Santa Mickey can be had on November 9 at D-Streets and Online for $16.95.

And there you have it, the Christmas Vinylmation lineup for 2012. Would you want to see more Disney Parks Christmas event Vinylmation? What other Christmas vinyls do you want? I'm still waiting for a Mickey's Christmas Carol set. Would be great as an open window series or event a 6 figure LE box set.

No comments:

Post a Comment