Thursday, April 21, 2011

When Paul Met Julie

We here at Destination Vinylmation would like to congratulate Paul and Julie on their engagement. Paul took a special approach to asking his lady for her hand, and since it involved Vinylmation we asked Paul to tell us a little about what went into making that special night.

"It was June of 2009 in California Adventure that my girlfriend, Julie, and I purchased our very first vinylmations. Little did we know that almost two years later our small purchase would become our biggest addiction and hobby together. Going to either Disney World or Disneyland every year has become a tradition for us, and now collecting and trading vinylmations has become part of that tradition."
"When I was in the planning stage of proposing to Julie I was trying to come up with a great shock that I could do that I hadn’t seen before, something not cliche. So I ordered a couple of blank vinylmations not knowing how that would work out. Upon starting work on it, I really liked the way it was coming out and had to move on to the next step in the process; how to make this whole thing a surprise."
"The plan was to place my custom, inside a sealed package, then place that sealed package inside a current series vinylmation box and glue it shut. Opening a box carefully and patiently, so I could reseal it, was not so difficult. Opening the vinylmation bag inside the box was. I tried to open some vinylmation bags like a bag of chips. This result did not work out. So I eventually made a small slit on the bottom of the bag with a razor blade, and slide out the vinylmation feet first. Once I finished my custom vinylmation and custom artist card (yes I created a custom artist card also, gotta be authentic), I slid it inside the bag and used some clear packing tape, carefully placed inside the slip, to seal up the bag. Next, I glued the box and I was all set."
"Later that evening, I invited Julie over to open up the vinylmations I had bought over the weekend. It worked out well that Muppets 2 was released this past week because it didn’t look suspicious that I had purchased some vinylmations for us to open. We set up to open hers and mine, I had her go first, and the rest is history. I was very nervous because I’m not much of an artist but, I’ll say she was totally surprised. I would say it was a home run."

-Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment