Tuesday, April 12, 2011

ZoMG: New Shape Drama

I am very torn about how to feel about reading this news on April 11th on the Disney's Vinylmation Blog. I am so sad they are changing the original shape, that made us all fall in love with Vinylmation in the first place; but in the same breath, I also love the idea of making the actual Vinylmation canvas easier to apply designs to, because then we will get better quality Vinylmation! I completely understand the changes, but wish they had kept the buttons, or even just the nose shape (it seems a bit more flat now).
After looking at these changes, one of the first things I noticed was that the actual shape of the Vinylmation seems smoother and a bit fatter. I understand making it smoother because this way the application of paint on the figure is easier which can make the designs more accurate and with fewer flaws. The Vinylmation Blog showed us an example by giving us a sneak peek at a new Pirate Vinylmation. The figure looks brighter and you can see a lot more detail on this new smoother looking face! I don’t want to judge completely until I can see this new shape in person but so far I think that these figures are going to keep getting better and better!! (And I love the Pirates hat!! Great touch!)
Also changing are the hands. I love that the Sea Creature set is going to feature a lot of the new changes such as the claw hands and the fins on the Dolphin and Shark figure. I have been looking forward to this series because I am a huge Little Mermaid fan and anything ‘under the sea’ I have to have it. I am looking forward to seeing the new Vinylmation shape on April 22nd when the Sea Creatures are released!
Another new feature is that the feet are going to be detachable. I love this idea! Not only can Vinylmation artists get a ‘clean crisp look’ like they explained on the Blog, but the artists can now design around the bottom of the belly! For people who like to create their own customs this is going to add a whole another level! I can’t wait (Although they haven't announced the change to CYO yet). I also got very excited when reading that these new feet will add to “future accessory opportunities”. I think accessories are such a fun touch to Vinylmation and now with the new hand design they will be able to hold accessories better and also with the new feet will be able to attach new things! The possibilities are endless.

-Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment