Saturday, April 16, 2011

ZoMG: Monty Maldovan and Muppets 2


The Muppets 2 Set looks even better in person!! I love them! I went to Downtown Disney yesterday for the signing and had such a great time! I love talking with other Vinylmation fans, trading and just having a great time!


I bought a few blind boxes of Muppets #2 and ended up with Dr. Teeth. (I love the colors on this one! This is also Monty's favorite one!) Pigs in Space Miss Piggy, and Zoot! I really was hoping for the chaser because I love it! It reminds me of going to Disney World with my Mom when I was younger (before they moved Muppet Vision 3D to California Adventure) and watching Muppet Vision 3D in the park!
The line for Monty was huge! He was busy signing Vinylmation and talking with fans from 2 - 5pm..

I got a chance to talk with Monty about Muppets 2, the 9"s that he designed, as well as his take on the new shape of Vinylmation.

Monty told me that his favorite design from this series is Dr. Teeth. He also told me that he loves the accessories that are starting to be added to different Vinylmation series (there are 3 hats in this series!).

I told Monty that I just started a column on Destination Vinylmation and he let me know that he already LOVES Destination Vinylmation! He told me, " I check it every couple days to get updated on Vinylmation news!! They know more than I do about things so I look to their website for information! They are doing a great job!"

I then went on to tell Monty how excited I am for the 9" Muppets and asked when he thinks they will be released. He responded saying, "within this year." (Sigh..I want them now!)

Finally, I asked Monty what he honestly thinks of the new design of Vinylmation. He looked at me and said, "he was a little bummed to see the Mickey design fade away, even though it is still there for the most part. We had a meeting where they showed the new form as well as new upcoming designs on the new forms and everyone was blown away. Any doubts people have about the new shape, will go away as soon as they see how detailed and perfect these new Vinylmation look!"

I had a great time yesterday and can't wait for the next event! Thank you Monty for being so sweet and stopping to talk with me!

-Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment