Thursday, April 14, 2011

ZoMG: Duck Tales at DLR


After finally catching up on my lack of sleep the day of the Duck Tales release, I would like to share with you my experience on Friday morning.

There have not been very many limited releases lately, so I went in to this not knowing what to expect. A lot of other releases that I woke up early for and waited for hours ended up being on the shelves for months! (Like Nightmare Before Christmas, DLR Attraction Posters, etc.) I stopped by D-Street the night before to ask if they were planning on opening at 8:00 or 10:00 the next morning. The cast member told me that the store was opening at 10:00 and they would distribute wristbands at 7:00. Uh oh. Wristbands? I knew that meant that there was only a limited amount and that sleeping in wouldn’t be an option.

My mom and I headed to Downtown Disney at 5:15 am, we got there around 5:30 am and there were already 40 people in front of us. We waited for an hour and half until we were given our wristbands. They let us know that we could come back until 1:00 that afternoon and pick up our figures. This was refreshing so now we could go grab something to eat and come back and get in line. We were gone an hour and came back around 9:00 and there were 75 people in line at D-Street already with their wristbands.


Finally at 10:45 we made our way into D-Street and picked up our figures. There were many more people behind us in line and we were so grateful to be in the store buying our Duck Tales!! By 1:00 in the afternoon D-Street made the announcement that they were completely sold out and there would be no more Duck Tales on the floor for the stand-by line!!

I love release days because it gives you a chance to stand in line and chat with other fellow Vinylmation loves and make friends as well as do some trading.

Can’t wait until the next release!

-Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment