Friday, June 24, 2011

"Close Encounter" DV Review: Alien Encounter

9"/3" Park 6 Alien Encounter - "9 Alien and 3" Skippy
Artist: Maria Clapsis
LE: 1000
Price: $74.95

This design looked intricate from the concept art and the figure does not disappoint in person. In fact, I'd have to say I'm more impressed in person.


The 9" Alien looks absolutely fantastic. Lots of detail and great colors used on him. Take a close up look at face, I didn't notice the slimy drool oozing out of his mouth before I got the figure in hand.

Skippy is also well done. His droopy characteristics are captured perfectly by Maria.

One interesting note is that the foot is stamped "Primevil Whirl - Animal Kingdom". An interesting misprint that appears to be on everyone's Skippy.

Overall, a win in my book. A great tribute to a great attraction. Sorry Stitch, your awesome, but I loved the real Aliens that would scare the heck out of me as a kid. Just a note, no artist card is included with this combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment