Wednesday, June 15, 2011

ZoMG: Ariel Vinylmation and New Ride


Hello everyone! I am currently recovering from an extremely Ariel/Little Mermaid filled past few weeks so please excuse my absence on the site! But no fear I’m back with lots of information on what Little Mermaid things have been going on.

I would like to start this post by saying, The Little Mermaid Ride is the best idea that Disney ever had and also that it will forever be my favorite ride at the parks. (If you didn’t know this already). If you have gotten a chance to ride you know exactly what I am talking about! It is incredible. I have a few pictures here to tease our Florida friends. I cannot wait for the Little Mermaid ride to open in Florida in the next couple years, I will be there opening day!
This is a small piece of the beautiful mural that you see as you walk into the attraction. It was painted by Larry Nikolai who also was the creative director of the entire ride created this mural! (Love him!) I don’t want to spoil the ride for those that haven’t been on yet, but here are a couple more of my favorite parts of the ride.
Here Ariel is singing my favorite song of all time, “part of your world’. I love this part not just because it’s my favorite song but Ariel looks so real, life like almost! When I spoke with Larry Nikolai at the Little Mermaid event on June 11th, he told me that this is his favorite part of the ride and he loves how Ariel turned out.
Here is Ariel again this time in the ‘Under the Sea’ scene. I love the way her hair looks. It is so beautiful and her tail is so sparkly, I love it. Next I finally visited the newly finished Embarcadero Gifts! Your one stop Ariel shop! So naturally this is my new favorite store in the park. This is the shop where we will find the Little Mermaid & Goofy’s Sky School Passholder Exclusives on July 8th! I will see you there!
Lastly, this past weekend was the Little Mermaid Art release event at California Adventure! Now, I have a peak for you at the Noah created Little Mermaid 9 inch and 3 inch. Sadly these are not for me, but for my friend Mark who lives in the UK. (I am very jealous!) These Vinylmation are beautiful. These pictures don’t do the figures justice; you must see them in person. Amazing.
I love the hidden mickey bubbles!

Ariel 9" figure.

Here is a picture with flash to show you how these really sparkle when the light hits them!

At this event I did not leave empty handed. For myself I purchased a Noah Print of his Ariel Artwork, as well as two prints by Larry Nikolai that I love!! All three are personalized to me and signed by the Artists. They both were very sweet and extremely talented artists. Also, I purchased some Little Mermaid Jewelry that is incredible! I love love love them. I got the Ariel cuff and necklace! They are so pretty and sparkly. Everything I love, Ariel, Sparkle and Jewelry!

Now I must share with you that I got a little teary eyed when I met Larry Nikolai explaining to him my love of Ariel and the Little Mermaid and how perfect the ride turned out. He was so genuinely happy that I was so in love with the ride, it was amazing. I had no words I was in awe. I just kept telling him thank you for making this happen. Its beautiful, it’s perfect and just thank you! He was very touched and I will remember that moment forever!
Zoe with Larry Nikolai
Needless to say, I have had a very Ariel filled few weeks and I loved every moment of it. I am so excited for the Passholder Release on July 6th! Hopefully I will see you guys there!!

-Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment