Monday, January 30, 2012

It's a Wrap: Slash by Annemarie


My husband is a HUGE Guns and Roses fan (Slash in particular). I've known I wanted to make him a surprise Slash Vinylmation for awhile, but I figured it would be a great birthday gift. So just this past weekend I presented him with it. It obviously went over very well!

Slash is known for his hat, so I started with a Villains 2 canvas so I could get the hat perfect (rather than sculpting it).

I wanted to be sure to get his trademark sunglasses and of course a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. I decided to paint his tiny guitar on rather than sculpt it, and give him a nice hard-rock skull T-shirt for simplicity's sake. I used this photo for inspiration:

I also wanted the hat to still be able to come off if possible. I used a Dr. Facilier base so Slash could have clear ears.
All in all my husband was very pleased, and I had a lot of fun doing a non-Disney related Vinylmation for the first time.

-Annemarie

No comments:

Post a Comment