Thursday, May 5, 2011

Spotlight On: Custom Artist Amanda Albert

A while ago, while surfing the twitter waves, we ran aground of this cool custom vinylmation. Like always, we tweeted the designer and bring the interview straight to you. Check it out:

If you don't know who this is, this is a great version of Scott Pilgrim from the comic books Scott Pilgrim. This awesome 9" figure was made by Amanda Albert for her boyfriend for Valentine's Day. I like the eyes and the details on the clothing the most! Here's what Amanda had to say.

MC: Do you have any other custom Scott Pilgrim ones? Romona? Knives?
Amanda Albert: No, I have a mini blank one that I need to get around to, but I am not sure what to make it yet. I think it's too small to make detailed enough for another Scott Pilgrim character.

MC: How long have you been creating custom Vinylmation?
AA: This is actually the first one I have made before.

MC: Do you collect the Vinylmation created by Disney artists?
AA: No, but my boyfriend does. He has a pretty healthy collection going. Hopefully he doesn't wind up on "Hoarders" in a decade.

MC: What is your favorite Disney Vinylmation design?
AA: I adore Mary Blair, so it's got to be the "it's a small world" 9" from Park 1.
MC: Can you describe your Scott Pilgrim figure? The inspiration. What detail went into it?
AA: It's a super deformed Scott Pilgrim. The inspiration was I wanted to make a gift for my boyfriend for this past Valentine's day. He loves and collects Vinylmation and Scott Pilgrim, so it just made sense to me.
I used acrylic paints and my brushes. And then refined some of the line art with a micron pen.

MC: What was the hardest part of creating this figure?
AA: It was tough figuring out how I wanted his expression to be. Scott is a pretty animated character so I was hard to get an expression that did him justice.
MC: In your words where can people go to find out more about your pieces and see your work?
AA: I have a portfolio/blog at supinternets.com
And you can follow me on twitter. @supinternets

Thanks so much!

MC: Thanks and keep up the great work!

No comments:

Post a Comment