Wednesday, February 8, 2012

It's a Wrap: Annemarie's Wuzzles


Even though this is Annemarie's column we decided to interview her about her latest creation, Wuzzles custom vinylmation.


DV: The Wuzzles only had a 13 episode run, but apparently had a big impact on you. Tell us why you choose these characters as the subject of your latest customs.

Annemarie: I barely remember the actual show, but I do remember the characters. I always thought they were so colorful and fun and the idea was so creative. I basically decided to do Vinylmation of them because I thought they'd be fun to do.
HoppopotamusDV: I had a Bumblelion when I was a kid. Out of your 6 Wuzzles customs, which one is your favorite?

AM: I think Hoppopotamus came out the best. I tried to capture her expression as best I could, and I think it worked. Moosel is probably my second favorite, just because I love his colors. I tried to get them to all to work well together as a set by giving them all the rainbow image in the ears, which is my favorite aspect of the set.
DV: Which figure and what features on that figure proved to be the most difficult?

AM: Rhinokey was probably the most difficult to do, he has a smaller head and I tried to indicate that on his figure. He also has the rhino horn, which I painted on sort of like Eleroo's trunk. I tried to draw from examples like the Pink Elephant from Animation 2 to get that three-dimensional look as best I could.


Rhinokey

Eleroo
Bumblelion
Moosel
DV: Are you working on any other obscure Disney cartoon based customs?

AM: Not at the moment, but maybe sometime in the future I will!
Butterbear


-Annemarie

No comments:

Post a Comment