Thursday, February 2, 2012

ZoMG: Popcorns!

by Zoe

On January 31st, Disney Parks Blog informed us of a fun holiday, National Popcorn Day! While that sounds fun and tasty, something caught the eye of Vinylmation collectors! Popcorn Vinylmation! The Vinylmation Blog decided to fill us in a little bit about this new series created by none other than Thomas Scott! This new series will come out in Summer 2012! After looking at the shadowy picture Disney provided us with for a sneak peek, I decided to lighten up the photo! After adjusting the brightness of the photo it revealed a Mickey!

I am at the parks a lot (obviously) so I take note of just about EVERYTHING. And the second I saw the shadow, I knew the shape looked familiar. There is a shirt that has this same Mickey shape on it at Disneyland! I wasn’t able to find the shirt at Disneyland to take a picture for you guys but keep your eyes open for a shirt with this little guy on it because I know its out there! If you have the shirt or have seen it please share it with us in the comments!

The information given about the set is that it will give popular Disney characters as ‘fresh’ new look! Thomas Scott is one of the most innovative Disney Artists to date, and I do not doubt that this set is going to be awesome. He likes to think out of the box and make everything he does extremely unique. Just looking at Mickey’s shape it is an extremely fun and different take on everyone’s favorite mouse!

No word yet on if the set will be open window box, or blind box BUT if you look at the picture they provided us with it almost looks like the back of one of the open window box figures! That’s just my guess! Or maybe something similar to Park Starz where it’s a new innovative tin that looks like a box of popcorn? Who knows! With Disney anything is possible.

Now, lets talk characters! First of all we have Mickey, I love the ‘pop’ feeling of the design. Its new, its fun, its not our original Vinylmation mold but I like it! I don’t think that they are going to stick with the same mold for each figure because that would be too easy! I think they will change each mold to go best with each character. If the set is open window, I doubt there will be 12, but if it is indeed a set of 11 with a chaser that would be fantastic as well – we will have to keep you updated when we hear more on that!

Now I’m going to throw out some ideas of characters,

  • Mickey
  • Minnie (if you have Mickey you have to have Minnie!)
  • Goofy
  • Pluto
  • Donald
  • Daisy
  • Winnie the Pooh
  • Tigger
  • Cheshire Cat (Thomas loves Alice in Wonderland)
  • Ariel (why not!)
  • Buzz
  • Woody
  • Dumbo
  • Pinocchio

I am thinking with this set they will stick with more classic characters rather than more park related/movie related characters. But you never know! Hey I mean there could be a few princesses in there right? Crazier things have happened!

I am looking forward to seeing what Disney decided to do with the set. It is a really fun and ‘fresh’ idea for Vinylmation. Stay tuned, we will keep you posted with any new info! Please share in the comments section any ideas you guys have for this new set!

No comments:

Post a Comment