Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Spotlight On: Custom Vinylmation Artist Zach

Today, we feature the work of a newcomer to the custom artist scene, Zach from Radnor, PA.

Destination Vinylmation: How long have you been customizing Vinylmation?
Zach: I have been customizing for 2 months.

DV: How did you get into creating customs?
Z: There were some vinylmations that Disney hasn't created yet, or characters I felt I could change and make better that I really wanted to see on the Vinylmation mold. So I decided to start painting them as customs myself.

DV: Do you work on any other types of canvases? 
Z: I have painted on regular canvases, but Vinylmations were my first 3D mold.

DV: Why did you choose the Toy Story Alien as the subject of one of your pieces?
Z: I chose the Toy Story Alien because he is one of my favorite Disney characters of all time, and I felt Disney didn't properly represent him in Park 2 with the lack of certain features, such as the antenna.

DV: What was the biggest obstacle in creating the Merida figure?
Z: The biggest obstacle in creating the Merida figure was trying to make her face look right without the hair, and trying to figure out how the hair should appear.

DV: What part are you most proud of?
Z: I am most proud of the Toy Story Alien because I feel he turned out true to e character, and had some of the features Disney didn't.

DV: You seem to favor Pixar movies... what are your favorites?
Z: My favorite Pixar movies are Toy Story, Brave, and Finding Nemo.

DV: Do you have a site where people can view your work?
Z: I have a Facebook page called Customs By Zach where people are able to view all my customs.

No comments:

Post a Comment