Saturday, February 9, 2013

Mobil Mystery Box Trading Shirts

With the watering down and even disappearance of the trading boxes at the Disney parks, many collectors are taking action. Once such collector is Jared Plew. He and his family are Walt Disney World Annual Passholders from South Carolina. They enjoy weekend visits to WDW where they trade Vinylmation and would like to enhance the experience by connecting members of the community in a unique way.

Destination Vinylmation: How did you come up with the idea for these Mobil Mystery Box trading shirts?
Jared Plew: A couple of weeks ago my family and I were at the Magic Kingdom and I was hitting all the trading boxes. After a full day in the park I had only found clearance vinyls in the boxes. There had to be people like me in the park who were buying currently active series and trying to complete a set right? I was trying to complete a Classics set but was hesitant to trade them because I knew I wasn't going to get the same quality vinyl back. I'm sure this has probably been a thought a lot of traders have had. So I tried to come up with a way to let everyone in the park know I was looking to trade. This shirt was my answer. Why not cut out the middle man and make the trades we all really want? Now that I'm learning the trading boxes are going to start to disappear the shirt seems like an even better idea. We need to evolve the way we trade if we are going to keep the in-park trading community strong.
Jared has started a kick starter page to fund the printing, packing and shipping of the shirts: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1195411827/vinylmation-mobile-mystery-box-shirt

A word from Jared off the Kickstarter website:

"Help me fund this project so we can keep Vinylmation trading alive at Disney parks. Wear one of these dapper shirts to let other traders know you're looking to trade. For a small donation of $15 you can own one of these stylish shirts. I know what you're thinking ONLY $15? That's right, only $15. That $15 will go to help pay for printing, packing, and shipping fees. So don't miss out!  Donate now....and I'll see you in the parks."

Jared needs your help to get these shirts made. According to the Kickstarter website, "This project will only be funded if at least $500 is pledged by Saturday Mar 9, 10:12pm EST."

The minimum donation is $1. However, if you donate $15 you will get your choice of one S, M, L, XL, XXL or XXXL Mobil Mystery Box tee shirt when they get made. Please note, that the way Kickstarter works, is that you will not actually be charged until the project is fully funded.

No comments:

Post a Comment