Sunday, February 10, 2013

Spotlight On: Aaralyn's Weird Girl and Steamboat Willie Mickey

Two more pieces from custom artist Aaralyn showed up on the internet this week. We spoke to her about her first two gray scale projects. Plus, check out a contest she's running for the next two days.

"I've always said that I love doing commissions because many push my boundaries and help me grow as an artist. My latest two commissions included aspects I have never done before, which was quite exciting.

The first custom is 3" Weird Girl with a Junior Mr. Whiskers from the movie Frankenweenie, done in the style of Tim Burton. The two figures also include Mr. Whiskers' psychic gift from the litter box.

Before this commission, I had never painted a custom in gray-scale, or used shading in a custom. This project was also the first time I've painted a junior, which was an interesting challenge on the small mold. While this project was very different from my normal style, I enjoyed it immensely and hope to continue to experiment with different styles in the future.

The second commission I have recently completed is a 3" Steamboat Willie with a sculpted accessory hat also done in gray-scale. The hardest part of this custom was the sculpting of his hat. While I have done quite a few Mickey designs, it was fun to do an older design of the character.

I have also painted a vinylmation pin which features my Lovestruck Mickey design and am giving it away on my Facebook page! The giveaway end Monday, February 11, 2013 at 9 pm CST. Thanks for reading and good luck!

For more information my work:
“Like” my art page on Facebook for customs, giveaways and more at facebook.com/artworksbyaaralyn
Follow my on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest: @ArtistAaralyn
Visit my website for customs, Disney photography and more at artworksbyaaralyn.com"

Thanks Aaralyn! We look forward to seeing more from your in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment