Friday, March 29, 2013

ZoMG: Cutesters en Vogue Review


Hello everyone. I know it has been awhile since I have written an article for Destination Vinylmation but I am SO HAPPY to be back. Let’s get into a subject that I am extremely excited about, Cutesters En Vogue.

Cutesters En Vogue will be released today, Friday March 29th. This will be the very first time we see the BRAND NEW Vinylmation “Minnie Mouse” platform, with the dress silhouette, bow and of course Minnie’s high heeled shoes. I personally cannot wait to see the new “Minnie Mouse” in person.

Let’s go through the line up,

First we have the Audrey Hepburn Breakfast at Tiffany’s looking Vinylmation, which is a personal favorite of mine. I love the Breakfast at Tiffany’s reference as well as the use of the bow for the bun on top of her head. Also love the eyelashes on this one, she’s very girly.

Next we have the girl in a light pink cap sleeved dress with pearl necklace and bracelets. She has a big pink bow on top of her head and her blonde hair is pulled back. This one reminds me of a ballerina.

Next we have the cat with a big yellow bow on top of her head and a pink and yellow floral collar. The Minnie Shoes have little paws on them, so adorable.

Then we have the flapper looking girl with a red fringe dress and long chain of pearls. I love the feather headband on her as well as the pouty red lip and winky face. She is definitely one of my favorites.

The Pink Poodle is simply adorable. With the happy puppy smile and big black bow that accents her black and pink collar.

Next is the girl in the yellow mod looking dress with bold front bangs. I love that they gave each girl her own era. The polka dot ears and bow are a great touch. This figure will also have a variant version in a turquoise blue colored dress.

(variant)
Another one of my favorites is the puppy in the purse. This is such an out of the box design; I think it’s adorable. It reminds me of my dog when I carry her around. I also LOVE the dog bones in the ears of the Vinylmation. SO CUTE.

(Variant)
Lastly we have the CHASER.  The chaser is a floral design with a pink bow on the front. This one almost reminds me of a bouquet or even a veil going down the back. I’m not sure why they chose to NOT make a girl the chaser to go along with the theme but the flowers are very cute and do tie into the set well. The floral design also has a yellow variant.

I am really looking forward to this new set of Cutesters Vinylmation. I have also been a big fan of the Cutesters Series since they started and I am excited to see them taking a new direction with the series by making it an 8 figure set instead of 12 and using the new “Minnie Mouse” platform. This is the perfect place to start this platform off and I cannot wait to see it in person FINALLY on Friday.

I think overall the set is cohesive and was really well designed. I love the Minnie from what I have seen and I think it is going to bring great opportunities for figures to come. I also enjoy that they have given each girl her own unique personality/style.

Everyone make sure you head to D-Street in California/Florida or to your local Disney Store and pick up a Cutesters En Vogue!

No comments:

Post a Comment