Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Spotlight On: Customation Project Artist Jesus Paez

Leading up the Cesar's event in Santa Clarita, CA this weekend, Destination Vinylmation will feature each of the custom artists and talk to them about some of the figures they will be bringing to the event.
Today we spoke with custom artist (and first time Destination Vinylmation guest) Jesus Paez.

Destination Vinylmation: We saw some of you work and we really think it's unique, how long have you been working on vinylmation?
Jesus Paez: I've been customizing vinlys since February of this year. I'm still learning as I go.

DV: Well you certainly seem to have the swing of things, which pieces will you bring to the show this weekend?
JP: Two of the vinyls that will be at "The Customation Project" show are a 9" Gene Simmons Mickey vinyl and a 3" Goku vinyl. The Gene Mickey was the very first vinyl I painted, its the one that started it all. Its Gene Simmons' costume from the KISS album "Love Gun". I tried to get as detailed as I could from his Godzilla boots to his chain on his chest. The vinyl took me about three days to complete and when I was done with that one I could not wait to start another one. Another vinyl that will be at the show is Goku from Dragon Ball Z. I have been a DBZ fan since I was kid. I remember drawing Goku and all of the other characters, so I got the idea to make a Goku vinyl. This vinyl also took me three days, I had to mold his hair and the knot on his belt out of super sculpey, then I painted it.

DV: Thanks for your time, and good luck at the show. If people want to see more of your stuff, where can they go?
JP: The best place to find my previous work would be on you tube. If you search for sk8erguy600 or custom vinyls some of my work will pop out, my you tube screen name is sk8erguy600. I recently made a Facebook page which im starting to upload some of my work there.

No comments:

Post a Comment