Thursday, September 22, 2011

Spotlight On: Customation Project Artist Angie Annett

Remember all those artists from earlier this week? Well, here's another artist from the Customations Show. Her name is Angie Annett. Let's see what she'll be bringing to the show in a few days.
Destination Vinylmation: Welcome to Destination Vinylmation, where can the folks find your work if they are looking for more?
Angie Annett: I have a facebook page where you can see all of my designs as I add them! Here is the link.

DV: How long have you been making custom vinyls?
AA: I started making customs back in February. I was always a bit upset that their wasn't a Dug vinyl, as he is one of my favorite characters, so I decided to take matters into my own hands. I had never painted before, so I made the design on photoshop and transferred it over. Turns out, it went better than I could have ever hoped.

DV: I like the hair, so which vinyls will you have at the event? Tell us a little about them.
AA: The first is my Timon figure that I custom designed. This was the second vinyl that I ever made and the first one I ever used sculpey pieces on. This is one of my favorites in my collection because it is one of my designs that actually turned out better on the vinyl than it looked on photoshop! It took me about 8 hours to finish this piece.

The other design I like to call my Disneyland Collage. This is by far the most intricate and detailed design that I have ever created and it took me over 2 months to finish. Just sketching the design took me over a week! I tried to incorporate all of my favorite rides and aspects of Disneyland into the vinyl. This is my first ever non-character vinyl I made and I was a little nervous attempting this one. Fortunately, it turned out to be one of my favorite customs in my collection.

DV: Both pieces look great, I hope you enjoy the event this weekend! Thanks for letting us chat with you for a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment