Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Spotlight On: Customation Project Artist Lucas Yoshida

Leading up the Cesar's event in Santa Clarita, CA this weekend, Destination Vinylmation will feature each of the custom artists and talk to them about some of the figures they will be bringing to the event.

Destination Vinylmation: First off, where can people find your work?
Lucas Yoshida: My work can be found at lyoshida.com.

LinkDV: So how long have you been at this?LY: I have been making custom vinyls for about 8 months.

DV: So which of your vinyls will you be bringing to the event?
LY: One of the vinyls I'll have at the event is called Dia De Los Mickey II. It is the second vinyl I've done with a Dia De Los Muertos theme to it. It took me about two weeks of constant work to complete this 9 inch vinyl. I like the little details that I put on it. These are the types of projects I have the most fun with. I really enjoy being free with creativity.
Another vinyl I am bringing is called Zombie the Uber Mouse. He is a 9 inch vinyl to go along with two other zombie themed 3 inch vinyls I've done. This one is what I believe Mickey Mouse would look like if he were to join the ranks of the undead. He took me a couple of days to make. I was having so much fun with it that I really flew through the process. I had a ton of fun adding little decayed details to his face. Adding rips in his skin exposing the muscles underneath was fun too. Blood spatter is always a fun detail to add.

DV: Yes, always fun! (Even if it is a bit frightening.) Thank you for your time and have fun at the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment