Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Maleficent Reaction

Update: 12/29/11 Patrick got a positive response from the Disney Store soon after we posted this article: Just to give you an update, DS.com has giving me the option of returning for credit, full refund or keep it and get 15% off.  I chose for the refund naturally.

We just posted an article pointing out the difference in how certain NOAH Vinylmation are advertised. Along those lines, we received an email from a listener Patrick who purchased the $650 NOAH Vault 28 Online exclusive 9" Hand Painted Limited Release Maleficent Vinylmation. Here is what he wrote:

I recently just received my Custom Noah Maleficent from DS.com. I was very excited and looking forward to this piece ever since I saw preview photographs of it from the Villains Event back in November at Disneyland.
NOAH 9" Maleficent on display at Villains Event at DLR

NOAH holding the 9" Maleficent he designed

After opening and looking at my NEW Noah. I noticed something didn't look right. The colors for the flames and Dragon weren't as vibrant as what Noah showed off at the event and what was advertised on DS.com. I really felt mislead by Disney and Noah.
Picture from product page on DisneyStore.com

Notice how vibrant the yellow flames and dragon are. The colors pop out to you. The flames are even bigger and filled. Now if you look at the piece I have received, the piece is very dark and monochromatic. I need to shine a very bright light close up to see the piece or take it outside in the bright sun. The flames and dragon head yellows are very flat.
9" NOAH Maleficent Patrick received in mail

9" NOAH Maleficent Patrick received in mail

Also if you look back at the Villains Rotten Apple Piece, the “V” on the face is totally different from what he previewed. You can even see the Preview “V” on his website. It looks totally different from what he sold. At least that piece, I saw what I was buying so I accepted the difference. With Maleficent I had no choice.

As you know, DS.com accepts no refunds, exchanges or returns. If you read the reviews on the product page, I’m not the only one not satisfied about this piece. Spending money on these customs are not cheap. I think I should get for what I was showed and paid for.

That was the email we received from Patrick. We would like to note, that the Disney Store does state that no two of these NOAH Vinylmation will be exactly the same. However, based on the pictures he gave us, the product Patrick received seems to have a significantly different final look than the advertised product.

Did anyone else get the NOAH Maleficent Vinyl Online?

(Below is a screen capture of the three reviews posted on the Disney Store as of 12/28/11. Click to enlarge.)


No comments:

Post a Comment