Thursday, December 15, 2011

Spotlight On: Custom Vinylmation Artist Celeste

Destination Vinylmation: You recently created a Vinylmation for a contest at Vinylmation Kingdom that was designed by a reader to their website. Can you tell us about it?
Celeste: The winning design was Percy, the dog from Pocahontas, designed by Abraham Mendoza. I had a great time creating him and added an accessory bell to give it personal touch.

DV: What was the hardest part about creating him?
Celeste: The most difficult process is always finding a way to fit a 2-D design or an idea onto a 3-D canvas or vinyl.

DV: How long did it take to make Percy.
Celeste: It took the better part of a week to complete due to work and the past thanksgiving holiday and shopping lol.

DV: Looking at your website, you create a ton of customs, what is the appeal for you?
Celeste: I always have fun creating each one and every single vinyl is a new and challenging process.Knowing that one of my custom pieces found a new home is something that I am truly grateful for.

DV: So what are you working on right now?
Celeste: I just finished a heroes and villains series, it features some of my favorite characters that I thought deserved their own vinyls.The set consists of Li Shang from Mulan, Clayton from Tarzan, Flynn Ryder from Tangled w/Jr Pascal, Gaston from Beauty and the Beast, John Smith w/Jr Meeko from Pocahontas and Hercules w/ Jr.Pegasus.

I'm also making a few canvas works with Jrs included on them as a request.here are some past canvas meets vinyl work.

DV: Please remind people where to find your work or contact you.
Celeste: You can find more past works on my website at http://celestecustomvinylmations.blogspot.com/
or my facebook page at Celeste Custom Vinylmations.

DV: As always, it's great seeing your work.
Celeste: Thanks so much for the opportunity to be featured on Destination Vinylmation. It is always a pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment