Monday, December 12, 2011

Spotlight On: Custom Vinylmation Artist Annemarie

The next two Annemarie customs we are spotlighting have a similar theme... she used already created Disney Vinylmation and altered them to make them completely new scenes.

Destination Vinylmation: Your Pluto uses the Have a Laugh figure. Describe your alterations and additions you made to alter the scene we see.
Annemarie: I liked the original HAL Pluto figure, but what I remember most clearly from that short was Figaro's mocking and laughing at Pluto, and Pluto being more irritated, so I just took a different moment from the cartoon and interpreted that.

DV: You really want a Figaro Disney Vinylmation don't you?
AM: Yes, yes I do.

DV: Next up is the Quasimodo. You took one of the more overlooked figures from Animation 1 and turned it into something spectacular.
AM: I had two Quasimodo figures and was planning on trading one but then I happened to be watching the movie and during the Festival of Fools scene I thought, THIS is a moment that could make a cool vinyl. Plus, I already had a starting point and the face was done for me, I just slightly changed the expression by adding the tear on his cheek. It grew from there, I made the scepter and crown for him and painted on his king's robe. The confetti in the ears is actually my favorite part. It came later after he was finished and I still felt something was missing.

DV: You don't have to give away specific alterations, but are there any other Disney Vinylmation you have your sights set on that we may see altered in the near future?
AM: I feel if I say what, someone might get to it first. But the answer is yes, I do have some ideas in mind. If anything, it's given me a new way to look at trading boxes if I pull a duplicate!

No comments:

Post a Comment