Wednesday, September 5, 2012

HUGE Disney Store Vinylmation Sale

This latest sale at the DisneyStore.com moves me even further toward the question... "Why do we purchase these things at release?"
There are a ton of deals here, along with a few head scratchers. $5 figures include various Sports teams, So Tasty and even the just release Pairs 2 juniors! $10 figures include Mascots, Monorails and the Figment Park Starz Variant. $15 figures range from the Park 7 and 8 Combo Toppers to the Park 9 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea 9/3 combo.

This constant price dropping and inventory dumping just leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. If this is the "collectible" that Disney promotes it to be, should there not be a more careful handling of inventory and production? I understand they have to clear inventory now and then, but that goes back to the argument that they need to produce less product. This just seems like a constant insult to the collectors. It now seems as if everything moves to the sale bin or the outlet stores. I now know that I can just wait and purchase what I want at a larger discount than my Annual Pass offers. I also pass on borderline wants because the value just is not there anymore. I have certainly changed my purchasing habits, have you?

No comments:

Post a Comment