Sunday, September 30, 2012

Spotlight On: Custom Artist Project Sidekickz Artist Aaralyn


The Custom Artist Project is a group of 11 of the best custom Vinylmation artists in the world who have come together to make their own blind box series. Series 1 is called “Sidekickz” and is a mix of different Disney sidekicks from films or TV. It will be released on October 6th. Each day leading up to the release, we will spotlight a different artist from the series. Today we spotlight custom artist Aaralyn

Hometown: 
Lafayette, LA

Website: 
www.artworksbyaaralyn.com

What Disney Sidekick did you choose? 
Rajah from Aladdin

Why did you choose that sidekick? 
Rajah is a very loyal sidekick to Jasmine throughout the movie and I love his character design. My favorite scene from the movie is where Jafar transforms Rajah into a cub. He has an adorable confused expression that I wanted to capture in my custom. In addition, I have always been a fan of cats.

Favorite Disney Movie? 
I think this is the hardest question I’ve ever been asked. Growing up, I was always a fan of Beauty and the Beast. While now I can’t pick a favorite, some of my other favorites include Tangled, Mulan, Princess and the Frog, Brave, Up, and Monsters Inc.

Favorite Disney Theme Park Attraction? 
While I love the People Mover at Magic Kingdom, my favorite ride is Toy Story Mania at Hollywood Studios. The ride is so much fun, even though my score could use improving.

Favorite aspect of working on the Mickey shaped canvas? 
In addition to loving the challenge of creating art on a 3D mold, I love that every piece I design is shaped like the mouse that started it all. While I enjoy the other molds Disney has created, the Mickey mold will always be my favorite.


More info on the Custom Artist Project:

Website: http://www.facebook.com/groups/ArtistProject/

How to purchase: The price of one blind box is $65, including shipping within the US. We’re looking into international shipping right now, but it will probably be another $5-10 if it works out.Paypal is going to be the accepted payment. It is limited to one household per blind box.

What you get: You will get one blind box (yes, I’m actually making boxes) with one of 24 different figures. Some figures come with accessories. You will also get 11 different cards, 1 from each artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment