Sunday, September 30, 2012

Spotlight On: Custom Artist Project Sidekickz Artist Josh Edwards

The Custom Artist Project is a group of 11 of the best custom Vinylmation artists in the world who have come together to make their own blind box series. Series 1 is called “Sidekickz” and is a mix of different Disney sidekicks from films or TV. It will be released on October 6th. Each day leading up to the release, we will spotlight a different artist from the series. Today we spotlight custom artist Josh Edwards.

Hometown:
Chatham, IL

Website:
You can visit me on my facebook page: Crazy4Vinyls Customs

What Disney Sidekick did you choose?
I chose Iago as my Disney sidekick.

Why did you choose that sidekick?
I chose him because I know he is a popular character from Aladdin and there is already and Aladdin and Jafar vinylmation so I thought he would fit in great.

Favorite Disney Movie?
Favorite Disney movie, such a hard decision.  I am a big fan of all of the Pixar movies but my favorite would have to be Finding Nemo.

Favorite Disney Theme Park Attraction?
Favorite attraction, another hard question.  There are so many. Can I pick one per park?  Magic Kingdom Space Mountain.  Epcot Soarin' Animal Kingdom Expedition Everest   Disney Studios Toy Story Mania

Favorite aspect of working on the Mickey shaped canvas?
My favorite part of working on the mickey canvas is really the whole process from beginning to end. I love watching an idea come to life as I am creating it. The best part is almost toward the end as the final touches are being added and the piece seems to come to life!


More info on the Custom Artist Project:

Website: http://www.facebook.com/groups/ArtistProject/

How to purchase: The price of one blind box is $65, including shipping within the US. We’re looking into international shipping right now, but it will probably be another $5-10 if it works out.Paypal is going to be the accepted payment. It is limited to one household per blind box.

What you get: You will get one blind box (yes, I’m actually making boxes) with one of 24 different figures. Some figures come with accessories. You will also get 11 different cards, 1 from each artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment