Sunday, September 30, 2012

Spotlight On: Custom Vinylmation Artist Ashley


Today we feature a new artist to our spotlight section. Ashley from Greeley, CO has sent us some pictures of her Up, Finding Nemo and Ratatouille themed customs.

Destination Vinylmation: How long have you been creating custom Vinylmation? 
Ashley: I've been a huge fan on Vinylmations since 2008, but only started doing my own customs about 4 months ago.

DV: Have you done other artistic projects before Vinylmation? 
Ashley: I've always painted, but mostly on canvas before Vinylmations.

DV: Do you collect the Disney Vinylmation?
Ashley: Yes! I am a huge collector! They've taken over most spare surfaces in my place.

DV: If so, what are some of your favorites? 
Ashley: I love the Matryoshka doll from cutesters I and am a huge fan of the entire toy story set! Even though I have them all, I always trade for them when I see them in trader boxes.

DV: Why did you choose Up and Finding Nemo as the subjects of these customs? 
Ashley: Up might be my very favorite Disney movie, so I have had this design in my mind for awhile. As for Peach, she is the highlight of the Nemo ride at WDW for me and I knew she'd look great on Mickey!


DV: You also sent over pictures of your Ratatouille custom... I see a theme here. Big Pixar fan? 
Ashley: Huge! I'm currently on a mission to do one from every Pixar film. Next will be bugs life and Wall-E.


DV: How long does it take to choose just the right scene for the vinyl? And does it take a lot of pre-planning on paper? 
It's more about finding inspiration in the right place. Like a ride, seeing the movie again or a great poster. I usually do one pre-design on paper to see if it suits Mickey and then go to town!


DV: What was the most challenging part about creating these customs?
Ashley: Finding a way to take a flat design and apply it to Mickey! Once I do a few sketches and outlines things go smoothly from there!

DV: Do you have a website where people can see more of your work?
Ashley: I don't have one yet, but people are welcome to contact me at twisted.coincidence@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment