Monday, July 25, 2011

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea Hits Shore August 19

Update: 8/11/11 Disney just announced that the release date of 20000 will be postponed a week to August 19th.

The 9" + 3" Park 6 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea figure will be a Disney Store Online exclusive on August 12 19th. It is LE 1000.
Copyright Disney
Today, on the Disney Parks Blog, Caley Hicks, who designed the 9" figure, talked about this classic attraction:

“When I was younger, I visited the Magic Kingdom each month with my dad,” explained Caley. “I loved the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea attraction, particularly the mermaids. I was eager to design something for Vinylmation to pay tribute to the attraction.”

Take a look at the concept art.

Copyright Disney
Casey also talked about what went into this design:

“I learned that getting the squid to wrap around the Mickey Mouse shaped form was more difficult than I first thought,” continued Caley. “I used countless sheets of tracing paper to get the image correct. The finished figure looks wonderful, so it was worth the effort.”

Disney Artist Jason Zucker designed the 3" Diver figure. This is one of my most anticipated Vinylmation. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment