Saturday, July 30, 2011

Collecting with Claudia: Chance Meeting with Disney Artist Randy Noble



On Friday, July 29, my family and I decided to go to Downtown Disney and mingle with the tourists.  We ate some tasty food at the Earl of Sandwhich, and afterwards, we walked over to the Art of Disney to find that RANDY NOBLE was doing a special appearance and signing to promote his new artwork from 6-8pm!!!!

Randy Noble at Downtown Disney
On a large table next to Randy were original oils on canvas, glicees, prints, and a big figure for sale.  His paintings, glicees and prints included figures such as Sorcerer Mickey Triptych #1-3, Best Friends Chip & Dale, and Goofy Fun.

Sorcerer Mickey - Framed Glicee LE 95 $350, Deluxe Print $35
Not many people were present for this event, so I was lucky to purchase his Sorcerer Mickey print, and have it signed by Randy Noble (he even drew a Mickey on the print-matt while I watched in awe!).

Fortunately, I had several of my Vinylmations with me because you never know when a good opportunity will present itself; plus I also bring extras with me to trade at blind-boxes throughout Downtown Disney.    So, I asked Randy if he would sign one, and he said “I can sign all of them if you like…”  I was ECSTATIC!!!!!!

Goofy Fun - Original LE 1 $1800, Giclee LE 95 $390, Deluxe Print $35
I asked Randy if he would be attending the Florida Project in September, and he said he “was considering it…if I do go, it would be for the Vinylmation event only.”   Let’s cross our fingers that he will attend!!!

If you are not familiar with the Florida Project, please visit:   http://eventservices.disney.go.com/static/vinylmation/floridaproject.html

Best Friends - Original LE 1 $1400, Giclee LE 95 $375, Deluxe Print $35
Needless to say, this was an amazing day.  To meet one of the best Disney artists, and to find out he is such a nice guy was the best way to spend a Friday night!!!!

*Editors Note: Randy Noble is considered the creator of Vinylmation. He designed such early masterpieces as the Park 1 Balloon Chaser, Park 1 Safari Mickey 9", Park 2 Little Green Men and special event pieces such as the 9" Space Mountain 35th and Cinderella's 60th. His figures now are few and far between and his talents on the little vinyl Mickey is missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment