Thursday, May 10, 2012

Urban 9 Explained

Urban 9
Release Date: April 20th (Disney Stores), May 11 (D-Streets)
Price: $9.95
Details: 11 known figures and 1 mystery chaser, 2 variants, 1 combo topper

Update: 5/10/12 Tomorrow this series will come out in D-Street stores. The combo pack will also be available tomorrow.

Fly

Quick call Jeff Goldblum, there’s a fly about. Kinda freaky but still cool, I like the eyes. Great use of clear ears too.

Snake

A detailed snake with a Hidden Mickey painted onto a red background. Looks kinda like a California King Snake, but the marking seem just a little off.


Western Gangster

Absolutely LOVE the cowboy hat. Looking good with the handkerchief over the face. I hope this one has a lot of grit and detail to it in person.

Red Dragon

A little plain for my taste. Also reminiscent of the Chinese Zodiac set. Here is a description from Penguin: "Chinese Guardian Lion or better known but incorrectly as a Foo Dog (some sort of lion like creature, of oriental style) perhaps Chi Lin?"

Pic from themagickitschdom.com

Power Up

Great idea with the power symbol in the body and the circuit design in the head. I hope in person the symbol has a glow to it and the back must be more detailed with cool surprises and maybe Disney related patterns.

Lagoon Monster

Perfect scary face. I want to see a cool tail, but he already has the claws for hands.

Maori Businessman

Thanks to Penguin for the title and everyone for the "Maori" description. That is what this appears to be. I so love the mash up between the tattooed face and the business suit here. It's so odd, I like it like I like Pink Zombie Bunny.

Elephant Kid

What? I can't wait to really find out what this is and have an artist's explanation. It appears to be a kid in an elephant costume with (Mickey Ear Hat-like) Elephant hat with trunk and ears.
Chandelier

The design fits well onto the mold, but at least in concept art, I'm not sure if I can be into this one.

Sheep
Artist: Maria Clapsis

Since Cutesters became themed, designs like this enter the Urban realm. I really like this design. The little tufts of cotton and the horns in the ears are drawn very well.

Pic from Vinylmation Exchange

Toaster
Artist: TBA


An extremely simple but very  cool design. The toast popping through the clear ears is just plain brilliant use of canvas. I also like the Vinylmation logo at the bottom.


Mystery Chaser
Artist: Thomas Scott
Combo Topper

No comments:

Post a Comment