Friday, May 18, 2012

More Mickey's Circus Vinylmation

The Mickey's Circus catalog updated today and as expected, there is a 3" two pack and two 9" figures added to the lineup. Check them out and leave your thoughts below... and don't forget, registration for this huge yearly Vinylmation and Pin event begins at noon tomorrow. Check out our Mickey's Circus Explanation page for the other Vinylmation and all the details you need.
Bongo and Lulubell "Fun and Fancy Free"
Artist: Monty Maldovan
LE 500
Retail: $26.95
-

Circus Lion
Artist: Eric Caszatt
LE 100
Retail: $150
-

-

Circus Seal
Artist: Caley Hicks
LE 100
Retail: $150
-

So there you have it. A few new Vinylmation additions to the catalog. The two 9" figures both break the bank at $150!!! But they have heard our concerns and have given us some extremely low LE collectibles. I just wonder who will pay the price for these non-Disney themed creations. The lion has some great lines and just has a wonderfully fanciful look to it, but I can not afford it. I may have opened my wallet at a $40 price tag. The seal is a great effort, but just misses for me. I know what the artist is trying to do with the ball in the ear balancing on the nose, but I can hardly tell what it is from straight on. Bongo and Lulubell surely fit into the circus theme, but not something I personally have enough of a connection to, to purchase as an LE set here. I would have welcomed them into an Animation series however, because the designs are great. The faces really come to life with expression. And here too, I like the low LE of 500.

No comments:

Post a Comment