Thursday, May 3, 2012

Spotlight on Custom Vinylmation Artist John W.


send us and email to have your custom spotlighted: DestinationVinylmation@gmail.com

We enjoy seeing and spotlighting new custom artists. Today, for the first time, we share with you the work of John W. from McAdoo, PA.
Destination Vinylmation: What inspired you to put Jumba in a Santa outfit?
John: The moment I saw Jumba, he instantly became my favorite Disney Character. And even though I was not lucky enough to get one of the original 9 inch vinyls, I had to have a Jumba for my collection. So instead of just making a normal Jumba.

The image of him dressed up as Santa in the final credits of Lilo and Stitch just hit me. Plus I started doing right when we were taking down our decorations in January, so that helped me with the mood.

DV: Your second custom features Mickey playing football for the Nu-Way State Orange Crush, tell us about this fantasy team.
John: I love to play a lot of NCAA Football on the Ps3. And even though my favorite team is the FAU Owls, e like to use some created/fantasy teams when we play. And the Company I work for is called Nu-Way and my nickname is the Orange Crush because I love the color orange. So I put two and two together for a very original name. I've been lucky enough to win each year and hold the overall record versus some of my friends and rivals like the Oswego Ocelots, the Sunshine Valley Pirates and the Death Valley Reapers... lol.

DV: What position do you think Mickey would play if he was on the team?
John: I think if Mickey were to play football for the Orange Crush he would definitely be the QB. Since Mickey's always # 1 and would be able to lead the team over anyone he faces. Plus he got some big ears so he can hear when defenders are coming up on him from either side. :-)

DV: Thank you for sharing your work and we hope to see more from you in the future.
John: Thank you so much for your time and I really really enjoy the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment