Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Spotlight On: Custom Artist Gabriell

Look what we found on the internets a few weeks ago.
This is Wolverine. He's an X-Men, and sometimes part of Alpha Flight. He's pretty bad-ass. He's also a custom vinylmation made by Gabriell Lucchese. It took a while to track her down, but we found her and wanted to know more about her and her piece of artwork...

MC: Tell us a little about yourself...
GL: My name is Gabriell Lucchese. I am 20 years old and I am currently attending the College of Staten Island, where I was born and raised.

MC: What got you into art?
GL: I've always been known to have a good sense of creativity.

MC: What's your artistic background, training/education?
GL: Not much of a background at all. I haven't had any training, yet. I am hoping to get accepted into SUNY Purchase College and transfer for Spring 2012, where I can put my creativity to good use while strengthening my skills.

MC: How long have you been creating custom Vinylmation?
GL: Wolverine is my one and only so far. I recently vacationed at Walt Disney World with family and friends in June 2011. There, I found these adorable vinyls. When I spotted the custom "do it yourself" figure, I had to have it. Seeing all of the characters at Disney definitely inspired me to produce my own style of artwork. I am most certainly interested in making more. I just adore Disney!

MC: Do you collect the Vinylmation created by Disney artists?
GL: Yes, I absolutely love Vinylmations. My boyfriend and I go crazy for them. We consider it an addiction!

MC: Most of us do too! What is your favorite Disney Vinylmation design?
GL: I really love Ursula from The Little Mermaid. Although, I haven't been able to get my hands on her, I am keeping my eyes peeled for the Villain Series every chance I get. My favorite Vinylmation (that I actually own) is Pinocchio from the Animation Series. What really makes him my favorite is that he is Pinocchio from Pleasure Island, transforming into a donkey.

MC: How did you come up with the idea of the Wolverine piece?
GL: My brother, Damien Lucchese, works for Marvel Entertainment. Knowing that Disney has recently acquired Marvel, I figured it was the perfect collaboration of the two. With that being said, Wolverine has always been my favorite Marvel character.

MC: We're all waiting for the Marvel series also! Can you describe this figure? What detail went into it?
GL: Wolverine is equipped with three blades on each hand and his X-men suit, ready to defeat anyone that gets in his way.

MC: What is your favorite aspect of it?
GL: The Mickey ears, of course!

MC: What was the hardest part in creating this figure?
GL: The hardest part was deciding which costume/uniform Wolverine should wear.

MC: Will you create more comic book vinylmation?
GL: I would be glad to! It was a very fun activity to work on.

MC: Is there a place where people can go to find out more about your pieces and see your work?
GL: Maybe in the near future, when I create more pieces. I would absolutely love to work for Disney one day. It has always been my dream job and luckily for me, Disney is a company where dreams come true!

MC: Thanks for much for your time, and we look forward to anything new you make it the future! Maybe you can get a Marvel set out before Disney actually does.

No comments:

Post a Comment