Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Spotlight On: Vinylmation Custom Artist Heather

We were browsing some of our friend's Facebook pages and came across an amazing new set of customs from Heather at Vinylmation Customations. Take a look:

Fig #1 - Ursula Business Card Holder

This is the design that started it all for me! I needed a business card holder but wanted something "Vinalymation" - it snowballed from there! I've always loved Ursula, but felt she really needed some awesome tentacles that sculpting allows for. This is one of the anchors for the Desk Set and may be purchase individually for $99.

Fig #2 - Old Hag Paper Clip Holder

Probably the most surprising piece for me; I love this one! In her cauldron, there is a magnet for the paper clip holder. To purchase this individually, the price is $89.

Fig #3 - Cruella - Note Paper Holder


Capturing Pongo in the 101 Dalmatians scene was fantastic! Easily one of my favorite movies, this piece was so fun to create! I especially love the living room with the rug & TV. One of my last-minute decisions was to add the paw prints around the bottom. In this piece I really change Cruella by re-painting her coat & dress and of course by adding dalmatian print wrap. This item is available for $89.

Fig #4 - Prince John Pencil Cup & Clock


Certainly the largest piece in the desk set and wow, what a lot of sculpting went into this one! Everyone love coins & jewels, especially Prince John and he just didn't seem complete without his throne :) This piece is also available an individual purchase for $119.

Fig #5 - Kaa Stapler


Bringing together the art concept while keeping "functionality" in mind was challenged on this one. I really wanted the stapler to be able to be used without taking away any of a traditional stapler's capability as some many other desk set staplers have. You can easily add staples and release & open to staple flat against a surface. Kaa can be ordered for $69 as an individual piece.

Complete Desk Set (5pcs) $389

I've been asked about creating these as individual dioramas with out the desk set function; I happy to create these as well for the "Villains-Lover" that doesn't need a Desk Set. Prices are similar to those of the office set, but contact me directly for specific details.

My custom creations may be found at Vinylmation Customations as well as order information. We do LOTS of fun things here! I just gave-away a free 3" Custom to one of my lucky "Fans" and we have a few more surprises coming very soon!

I can also be contacted directly via email at HKattelman@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment