Saturday, August 6, 2011

Spotlight On: Custom Vinylmation Artist Lindsey Branch

Hi, I'm Lindsey from the U.K. I would just like to say that I think the Podcast is fantastic and I look forward to every week and I love the site it gives me my Vinylmation fix. LOL!! I'm an amateur artist and I make CYO's as a hobby. All my CYO's have a personal meaning to my husband and I. I had been waiting for ages to get a 9" CYO and when i finally did I knew straight away what I was going to do.
Donald's Miss Daisy
Donald's Miss Daisy boat could be found, until recently, in Toontown at WDW.
Photo from WDWinfo
First I created 3 separate stages, Bottom (Red), Middle (White), Top (Yellow). Then added the wood detail, and the pink wings. I used acrylic paint and brushed it on very fine with a few coats. Daisy was the hardest to create as she has fine detail, but I am pleased with her result. I studied the boat itself and chose different bits from it that I liked most to put on to the ears. I added the tubes at the back then finally I painted the top blue for Donald's hat.
Donald's Miss Daisy
For my customs I chose things that have meaning to me. I have also created some resort customs (in which we spent our honeymoon) Alligator Ben to join Hippo, Archimedes to join Merlin, and a Boo to you Parade (we attended on our honeymoon).

My favorite character is Donald and my Dad's was Daisy. It has taken me about 2 weeks to finish her but she is done and I dedicate her to my Dad. I finished on the 1st Anniversary of my Dad's death and I know he would have loved it. As Donald built Miss Daisy for someone he loves, I re-created Miss Daisy for someone I love and miss dearly.
Donald's Miss Daisy
My husband and I visited WDW last year on our Honeymoon and I stood for along time looking at Miss Daisy. It's a shame she is no longer there, but will have a place in my heart and in my home forever.

Now that I have Miss Daisy and I have Goofy's Barnstormer, I may attempt to make one for Minnie and Mickey's houses. We loved Toontown and were glad we got to see it last year, but i can make my own little Toontown at home.
Donald's Miss Daisy
I look forward to hearing from you with your thoughts

Thank you
Lindsey Branch (@lindols)

No comments:

Post a Comment