Monday, January 7, 2013

Spotlight On: Aaralyn- Roger Rabbit, Vanellope, and Lizard Wizard

 
"My three most recent 3" commissions were all a lot of fun to create. My customs always start with a sketch to get an idea of how I'd like the custom to look.

Roger Rabbit has so many adorable features, especially his big eyes, nose and ears. I focused a lot of my design time on getting the right facial expression. I'm really satisfied with how he came out and think he looks adorable.

Recently I also did a Vanellope from "Wreck-It Ralph" and a Lizard Wizard custom from the Disney-Pixar short "Small Fry." (If you haven't seen the short, it's super cute.)

The hardest part of Vanellope's design were her eyes and figuring out what kind of design I wanted for her ears. I really wanted to convey the childhood sweetness of her character.

For Lizard Wizard the hardest part was sculpting the hat. This custom represents a lot of what I love about commissions because I would have never thought to do this character otherwise and had a lot of fun creating him. I had never heard of the "Small Fry" short before and I really enjoyed the short along with this cute character."

For more information about Aaralyn:
"Like" her art page on Facebook at facebook.com/artworksbyaaralyn
Follow Aaralyn on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest: @ArtistAaralyn
Visit her website for customs, Disney photography and more at artworksbyaaralyn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment