Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Spotlight On: Vinylmation Custom Artist Heather Kattleman



We saw Heather Kattleman post this custom Beast Vinylmation and just HAD to ask her all about it!

The inspiration for the "Beast" came when I received the request from a collector that recently commissioned another Beauty & The Beast piece - The "Be Our Guest" Stained Glass 9" Custom Vinylmation I created a few months ago, to make her a 3" Beast.  She gave me creative freedom on the design and said, "Have Fun!"  lol... a designer's dream!

I wanted to capture the rich, royal colors of character and show the caring side of Beast that Belle saw in him through his expression.  As with all my 3" customs, I created a special, one-of-a-kind display box to go with the Beast.  For this one, I thought I'd add a touch of the stained glass as a tribute to the 9" first created for this collector and finish it off with swirls of gold!

I have a few more Princess pieces in the works with an upcoming series of 9" customs that I'm especially excited about that are a part of my "Enchanted" silhouette series capturing some of the most popular fairytale princesses and their prince charming in iconic, unforgettable and "enchanting" scenes.  The first of this series, I just recently revealed on my customs page on Facebook.

You can also see my customs at:
www.twitter.com/myvinylmation
www.instagram.com/vinylmationcustomations
www.vinylmationcustomations.com
www.facebook.com/vinylmationcustomations

No comments:

Post a Comment