Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Spotlight On: Custom Vinylmation Artist Roman Rodriguez


Destination Vinylmation: Why did you decide to cross Goofy and Jar Jar Binks?
Roman Rodriguez: I was looking for characters that have not been done by any custom Vinylmation artists.  While I was trying to push myself to come up with something unique I found that Goofy would make the right character as he has long ears.  I then started to search the web to see if there were any ideas on how to bring this to life. I found out that Disney has done a figurine with this cross of two characters.  It made it that much more challenging as I wanted to create something original while honoring tribute to this Disney figure.

DV: How long did the design process take to get the perfect mix?
RR: It took me about one day to get the right mix and shape of Goofy into the Mickey Canvas.  I was asking my Daughter (Genesis) now 2 years old to see if she knew who he was.  After she said Goofy…I knew I had gotten the right shape and mix.

www.facebook.com/RomanRodriguezArt
www.facebook.com/groups/RomanRodriguezArt

No comments:

Post a Comment