Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Collector's Corner: Daniel

Send an email to DestinationVinylmation@gmail.com to have your collection featured

Name: Daniel
Hometown: Lockport, NY

Collection Count: 51
3" = 48
9" = 3
Jr's = 0

How long have you been collecting?
I've been enjoying Vinylmation since September 2010. It was the first Disney World trip my wife, Krissy, and I took together. Since both of us are big Muppets fans, we were immediately drawn to that set. Our first box was the Swedish Chef, one of our favorite characters. Although in my mind my collection is large, obviously it pales in comparison to most that are featured on your site. But my favorite part about collecting is obtaining vinyls that I LOVE, not just ones that I find pretty good.

Tell us about the Create Your Own you use as a keepsake of your vacations.
A fun way Krissy and I commemorate each of our Disney trips (we became DVC members in March of last year), is to write a word or expression that represents the vacation onto our 9" CYO's. The first "ink" was courtesy of my brother, Dave. He and his wife came down for a long weekend in the middle of our trip...without us knowing! While sunbathing at our resort, they tip-toed behind us and Dave shouts, "We'll do it live!" (see Bill O'Reilly rant). Recognizing the voice, but unable to process the whole situation initially, just added to the awesome surprise. Consequently, that phrase became the first of the current three on our 9" red CYO.

What is your favorite figure that you own?
Lew Zealand...it's just a spot-on awesome design.

What is your favorite figure that you don’t own?
My picture likely gives it away. It's Kermit from Muppets 1. An honorable mention to Balloon Chaser from Park 1.

Which of these is the best feeling: Pulling a figure you want… from a blind box you just purchased, from a great trade with another collector, from a mystery trading box at the park or from a clear trading box?
I must say that I've been fortunate with all of these (except trading with a collector, which I've never done). But the best feeling is pulling a desired vinyl from a blind box. That's how I got my Park 7 Figment variant. My wife almost always opens blind boxes and was about to tear the foil when she felt the astronaut helmet. Being a Figment aficionado, she let me open it. Getting a variant was icing on the cake. I luckily found a Park 3 Small World Chaser in a clear trading case. And lastly, I traded for an Animation 2 John Henry variant from a mystery trading box.

Thank you Dan for sharing your collection.
Thanks for letting me share my collection and stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment