Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Japan Easter Duck and Mouse

Coming to Japan on April 2nd are a couple of Easter themed Mickey and Donald Vinylmation. We found this snapshot of a Japanese ad on Vinylmation World (originally tweeted by @dizpix).
Retailing for 1200 Yen, or about $14.83 USD, they will be sold in open window boxes. The Mickey is decked out in colorful spring time clothes and is topped with a checkered hat. The Mickey face and the overall design look very well done, but I don't know if I want to add this pastel clad mouse to my personal collection. The Donald is a completely different story. With those new bunny ears (as seen on the US Easter Bunny Vinylmation), I want him to hop into my display case ASAP! This is the way the ears should be used. I don't mind taking away the Mickey shape canvas if you are still going to give me a Disney themed design. The face is drawn in a very cartoonish manor that is different from all the Donalds we have seen so far. The little hat also looks great.

No comments:

Post a Comment