Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Spotlight On: Custom Vinylmation Artist Annemarie

Annemarie is back with some all new custom pieces.

Destination Vinylmation: Both of these new customs look amazing. What do you enjoy more, replicating a Disney character more closely like Mad Hatter or developing your own design like the Scarface and why?

Annemarie: That's a difficult question to answer; I really enjoy doing Disney characters because in my mind they represent Vinylmation, but it's really fun to have to start from scratch and figure out how I'm going to approach something totally unique. With Scarface, I tried to do something similar to Villains 2, for example, where you're focusing more on the face than on the body. I thought he'd look more "serious" this way, as opposed to giving him a squat body and arms. The Mad Hatter was a lot of fun because I had so much color and detail to draw from. I actually had to simplify him a bit to give him a cleaner design.

DV: These customs are for OCVinylDon. Tell us about the trading community he has set up.

AM: VinylmationTraders.com is an online community where folks can post what they have for trade/ what they'd like to trade, and hopefully find someone who can meet their needs and in turn help out! It's been a great experience for me, every one's been honest and fair and there's a place where you can leave good feedback, much like eBay. Don has been the moderator over there, and he does a great job. I'm happy to have added to his collection of customs.

No comments:

Post a Comment