Monday, March 5, 2012

New Disney Character Star Wars Figures Unveiled

Looks like I missed a big development off the pin board at the last WDW Trade Night...
Vinylnation posted the above picture of some open window Vinylmation magnets that are on the release slate for later this year. This display shows us 3 we knew about and 3 we did not from the upcoming Disney Characters as Star Wars set. No real surprise in the use of characters. They mimic what we usually see in other merchandise and at the park.
Stitch takes the role as Yoda. Much suited for this role he is. I will say I was a little underwhelmed with the Yoda out of Star Wars 1, so I hope this vinyl pulls it off. By the look of this magnet, I do like the direction the artist took.
Pete as Boba Fett didn't come along until Series 4 of the action figures, but it looks like we will not have to wait long to get him in Vinylmation form. Another Pete is always welcome in Vinylmation. The facial features look great, and we hope the costume design stands up to the magnificent Star Wars 1 figure.
The one surprise is actually Goofy. Not in using Goofy as Darth Vader, but I suspected the artist would take a more Characters at the Parks approach. Meaning, I thought we would see Goofy in his Mickey boxers as he appears during Star Wars Weekends...
Instead they seemed to go straight forward Vader. I honestly would have rather had the comical version above. Probably because it would mean more for me with that connection to the Star Wars Weekends I so enjoy attending. However, the actual designs used do not disappoint and I anticipate the release of this set above all others on the horizon. We hope to see the vinyls around Star Wars Weekends in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment