Thursday, March 1, 2012

Collectors Corner: Nick

MC has been on me awhile now to post some pictures of my collection, so I took some initiative this morning, counted them up and took some pictures. We always welcome you to submit pictures of your collection and over the next few weeks, the DV staff will share ours.

Name: Nick LoCicero

Hometown: Orlando, FL

Collection size: 750

3" = 628
9" = 64
Jr. = 58
Park Starz = 12
Watches = 3
Ear Hats = 4
Customs = 7 (3 I made myself)

My Stormtrooper army is up to 22!


How long have you been collecting?
Since July 1, 2010. I remember the day well. It was the return of Captain EO to Epcot. It was raining all day. To stay dry, I hopped inside Mouse Gears where I saw they started to trade Vinylmation. That hooked me. I went home with 10 and was back just about every couple days for weeks. Now I'm over 700. The 750 figure above is pretty close to accurate. It doesn't include my like 20 traders, 10 sitting there to be repainted customs, 14 Urban 6 Killer Bees awaiting an Epcot Flower and Garden photo shoot and a few other random doubles I hold onto because I like them. (It does however include to 22 Stormtroopers)

One row in my case is dedicated to my favorite Park figures with the chasers gathered to the far right.

One row has various figures including Muppets, Urban chasers and DCL.

What is your favorite figure that you own?
My first one, Park 4 IASW Leopard.

Another row used to be Urban, but now shelves my movie themed pieces.

Which of these is the best feeling: Pulling a figure you want… from a blind box you just purchased, from a great trade with another collector, from a mystery trading box at the park or from a clear trading box?
A blind box. Because I split cases now, that feeling is largely gone. But it was the best.
I have stuff all over... these Villains sit on top of a speaker

This stuff is stacked on top of my display case.

And more still sits in labeled boxes waiting for that addition on my house.

The top of my computer desk is crowded with Disney collectibles. Stormtrooper Donald is one of my favorites.

More stuff on top of my desk.

Way up top, all kinds of Buzzs and Woodys hang out.

One of my favorite sections is my retro Disney themed area.

I even have stuff on my TV stand.

Vinylmation was my gateway drug... pins were the next logical step. Here is my just full pin board.

That Alex Maher designed framed collage is wonderful, but the crown jewel of my Disney collectibles is that WDW 1/2 Marathon medal. One, because I love Donald and the design is brilliant, but mostly because I earned it. Send us an email to DestinationVinylmation@gmail.com to have your collection featured.

No comments:

Post a Comment